OBFS Documents and Information
Resources for Field Stations
- An Exploration of Field-Station Partnerships: University-Operated Field Stations Located in US National Parks Stevens & Gilson, BioScience, Vol. 66 No. 8. August 2016
- Biological Field Stations: A Global Infrastructure for Research, Education, and Public Engagement Tydecks, et al. BioScience, Vol. 66 No. 2. Feb. 2016
- A Way Forward for Biological Field Stations Beth Baker, Bioscience, Vol. 65 No. 2. Feb. 2015
- What Are Undergraduates Doing at Biological Field Stations and Marine Laboratories?
Janet Hodder. BioScience, Vol. 59 No. 8. September 2009.
- Biological Field Stations: Research Legacies and Sites for Serendipity.
W. K. Michener et al. BioScience, Vol. 59 No. 4. April 2009.
- The Activities and Importance of International Field Stations
R. L. Wyman et al. BioScience, Vol. 59 No. 7. July/August 2009.
- The Importance of Biological Field Stations
Edward O. Wilson. BioScience, Vol. 32, No. 5. May 1982.
- For Love of Nature: Exploration and Discovery at Biological Field Stations
Thomas Eisner. BioScience, Vol. 32, No. 5. May, 1982.
- Human Carrying Capacity, Extinctions, and Nature Reserves
Paul R. Ehrlich. BioScience, Vol. 32, No. 5. May, 1982.
- The Role of Field Stations in the Preservation of Biological Diversity
Peter F. Brussard. BioScience, Vol. 32, No. 5. May, 1982
- Long-term Ecological Research
James T. Callahan. BioScience, Vol. 34, No. 6, Jun., 1984.
- Fieldism Jack P. Hailman. BioScience, Vol. 23, No. 3. March 1973.
- Inland Biological Field Stations of the United States
M. Dale Arvey and William Riemer. Bioscience Vol 16 No. 4 1966.
- Field Stations of the United States
F. John Vernberg,et al. American Zoologist, Vol. 3, No. 3 1963.
OBFS Members can access additional documents and material at Member Access Documents; login required.